Working From Home Tips
Working from home has become the new normal for many of us so we're sharing with you a few ways to stay on track and remain productive at home.
- Plan and stick to a schedule. I like doing this the night before and usually put together a 'to-do list' in order of priority. Then set your alarm and stick to your usually working hours.
- Get dressed for the day. It sounds silly saying it out loud, but as comfortable as pj's may be, they don't make for the most productive days. So do your hair, wash your face and put on an outfit that is still comfy (of course!) but makes you feel put together. Make sure you keep an eye out for Marelle's new apparel collection which is perfect for just this.
- Create a working space. It doesn't need to be an entire room dedicated to an office, but a tidy space in your living room or kitchen where you can work will help you keep a focused mind set.
- Incorporate breaks into your schedule. I'm sure if you have kids (or needy partners) you're isolating with they will do this for you! But having time away from your screen and your work load will keep you energised and sane.
- Be kind to yourself. Working remotely is great in many respects but could also be a new experience for you and therefore challenging to adapt to. Don't be hard on yourself if you have to see to the kids, or you get distracted by the Netflix series you're binge watching. Your boss will be understanding and if they're not, well at least you won't have to face seeing them!